Anytime Classroom Curriculum
Learn when you can at you own speed in the
MODULE 1 – BASICS FOR BEGINNERS
(it is and always will be FREE)
Chapter 3 Sewing the “Emperor’s Clothes” – Thread less Exercises
About Presser Feet
The Sewing Exercise explained
PDF – Print your Stitch Exercise Page
Reinforcing, Precision Stitching and Turning
Chapter 4 Sewing Machine Threading
Fill the Bobbin with thread
Thread the needle
Install the Bobbin
Always Test Stitch First
Oh boohoo … WHAT WENT WRONG !?!
Let’s play …
Chapter 5 Basic Fabric Construction
The Industrial Loom
Plain Weave … and so much more
Industrial Knitting Machines
Interesting Facts about Felt
Uses & Characteristics about Felt
Chapter 6 Finishing Raw Edges without an Overlocker
Introduction & Preparation
One Standard Seam
Bias Enclosed Seam
The Flat-Fell or Felled Seam
Chapter 7 The Overlocker – C O M I N G S O O N
A Look at the 4 Main moving parts
Oh Wait … There’s and especially important 5th
Chapter 8 Hand Stitching Fundamentals – It is important – C O M I N G S O O N
Construct and Decorate a Felt Pincushion
Visualising and Planning
Reading and Cutting a Basic Paper Pattern
Pinning, Cutting and Marking the Felt Fabric
What is Tacking?
Working with Embroidery Floss
Start and End Correctly while Top Stitching
Stuff your Pincushion
Decorate your Pincushion
All the most used Sewing Techniques and Advanced Skills
will be covered in the New Pay Chanel to be Launched in
PAY MODULE 2 . Comprehensive Sewing Course . COMING SOON! ....... open for more
Module 2 offers all the Sewing Techniques you may need for everyday sewing.
All in one place: your Anytime Classroom and with Extra WhatsApp Support
(or similar) when you need it.
More details at Launch Date.
- All materials needed to complete the entire project is packed and sent to you in Kit form when you sign up for Module 2. (Coming November 2020)
- You will be able to alter the list of supplies when you sign up. Details Soon.
- You will need a sewing machine with the capability to make a One Step Automatic Buttonhole.
- An over-locker is not essential but fabulous to have for all future projects.
- A Cushion Cover (the 9 Squares above) is produced with all your Sewing Techniques (below) for reference when you need them as you construct many articles…
- Below is the numerical but not chronological order.
Squares 1, 3, 7 and 9
In making The Four Corner Squares you have complete creative freedom. Decorations, Beads, Invisible Thread and a Beading Needle are supplied in the Module 2 Kit. Details soon
- This exercise develops: Visualisation, Planning & Design, Creativity and working with New Equipment.
Gathers and a Casing are covered in this lesson.
- Gathers can be used in many different ways: around a cushion, a frill on a skirt or sleeve, neckline and in little girl’s clothing etc.
- A Casing is where Elastic or a Drawstring is inserted at the waistline for instance.
- The making of one-step Automatic Buttonholes is also introduced in this Lesson.
Students learn about dealing with the Fraying Raw Edges of woven fabrics.
- Bias Binding is used in the first instance and
- The Shaped Facing is attached as it is in a Neckline or Armhole.
- Two hand sewn Hem Stitches are also covered.
This is a Marathon Lesson dealing with:
- Peter Pan and Pointed Collars, Lining, Loops for Buttons, Buttonholes again, A Patch Pocket and a Snap Fastener.
- Five Hand Sewn Embroidery Stitches are learned.
- Machine Quilting is undertaken.
- Free Motion Machine Quilting is demonstrated. A specialised Presser Foot is required.
Basic Knitting and the Crochet of a simple chain is covered to expose novices to the equipment and possibilities.
The Reverse Side of the Project
- The Invisible Zip is inserted into the back panels of the Cushion.
- For this lesson you will need to purchase a special Zip Presser Foot that fits your particular machine if you have not bought the Empisal EES10 Featured in the Tutorials.
- The correct way to deal with 4 Intersecting Seams.
- The 9 Squares are stitched together and a version of Simple Patchwork is thus visited in this exercise.
- How to Trim and Stitch with the Overlocker is revisited.
PAY MODULE 3 . Pattern Making • The Shift Dress . Coming 2021
PAY MODULE 4 . Sew Your Shift Dress . Available 2021
PAY MODULE 5 . 3 Variations to your Shift Dress Pattern . Available 2021
PAY MODULE 6 . Sew the 3 Shift Dress Variations . Available 2021